[CLUE-Talk] HELP!

Marcin Betlej marbej at wp.pl
Sat Nov 15 17:59:03 MST 2003

Odpowiedz na list z dnia 16 listopada 2003 (00:54:43),
autorstwa consolejockey01 at hotmail.com :

Hi,

> I am trying to get a distribution of Linux installed onto my new computer,
> but I have two dilemmas.  First, I have trimmed down my distribution options
> to either the new Mandrake or Lycoris.

Why don't you choose RedHat or Debian? Installing RedHat is very easy
but I recommend to you Debian. I'm sure someone from CLUE give you
help during installing Debian (it isn't difficult, but it isn't
Windows).

Mandrake is similar to RedHat, but take Debian into consideration -
you will be happy as never before :)

For RedHat:
www.redhat.com

For Debian:
www.debian.org
Instalation manual:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
List of packages:
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

Good luck to you and have a nice day.

--
"Linux is like a wigwam: no windows, no gates, apache inside."
Greetings from Poland,