[CLUE-Talk] More Evidence for a Hussein - AlQaeda Link

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Tue Nov 18 18:43:38 MST 2003

* Randy Arabie (randy at arabie.org) wrote:
> Quoting "Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net>:
>
> Thus, by your standards, the US Intelligence community is in a Catch 22.

No, the intelligence community in in a 'do their job' situation, not a
Catch 22.  Like I said, by the standard some of this stuff is judged,
the US and Soviet Union were obviously in cahoots.  But I am not going
to go on, see below.

> But, I guess it really doesn't matter what they uncover, since it
> appears the only thing that would convince folks like you would be a
> photograph or video footage of Saddam and Bin Laden comparing notes
> over a scale model of a US Government facility. Even then, I suspect
> the naysayers would suggest that they just happened to be enrolled in
> the same architecture class at the university.

This is why I am not going to go on, Randy.  You assume that I am a
drone with a preset opinion that is incapable of being changed.  And
that really, really gets under my skin.  So rather than risk saying
nasty things while attempting to present my side of the argument, I am
just going to try and shut up.

Suffice it to say that I am operating from the stance that we don't
know if there was a OBL-Hussein link, and if their was the US must
prove that beyond a reasonable doubt. You seem to be operating under
the assumption that there obviously was one, and *solid* evidence is a
secondary concern. Also note, I am not talking about a tangential
relationship -- I am talking about Saddam plotting with, funding, and
knowing in advance about AQ attacking American targets.

Saddam Hussein has become the 21st Century bogey-man to the United
States, I fear.  Very few people, even our own leaders, are unable to
make a detached, honest assessment about the threat he posed.

Last point:  there *are* rational people who are completely unconvinced
by this evidence of an extensive Hussein-OBL relationship.  You would do
well to remember that when you try to argue your side.

Tim