[CLUE-Talk] The military takes a cue from Microsoft

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Tue Oct 14 15:48:31 MDT 2003

On Tuesday, 14 October 2003 at 16:55:12 -0400, Randy Arabie <randy at arabie.org> wrote:

> I find it AMAZING to look back and recall how it was
> considered a fact by the vast majority of authorities in
> matters of military affairs and intelligence that the Iraqi
> regime was continuing thier efforts to produce WMD.  Now,
> suddenly folks are all ready to accept that it was all a lie
> fabricated by Dubya and his War Hawks.
>
> You mentioned earlier that the facts justifiying the war
> are contorversial.  Let me expand on that a little.
>
> I believe these are facts:
>
>  - the Iraqi regime had active WMD programs and therefore
>  were in violation of numerous UN Resolutions,
>  - Iraq was a supporter of known terrorist organizations.
>
> The controversial part is whether or not those facts were
> justification for the going to war against them.  Did this
> combination of circumstances present a threat to the
> national security of the United States and our allies?
>
> If we were simply questioning that aspect of the issue, then
> I would be much more understanding of those who disagree
> with the Bush adminstrations decision. I agree that this
> aspect, actually answering the question I posed above, IS
> VERY controversial.  I think a reasonable arguement could
> be made both for AND against the war.
>
> However, when I read some of the posts from those who have
> opposed the Bush administrations actions, I rarely see the
> opposition presented in such a manner.  It seems that many
> of you actually do doubt one, or both, of the facts I
> presented above.

I just found a link to an article in the Weekly Standard
that give a good history of why we went to war.  I'm
probably wasting my time...but here it is:

http://weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/236jmcbd.asp

Oh yeah, for those of you who think I support Bush just
'cause he's a good-ol-boy, please consider the reasons
outlined in this article as a submission of reasons why I
supported our administrations decision to go to war.
--

Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/