[CLUE-Talk] The military takes a cue from Microsoft

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Tue Oct 21 17:28:47 MDT 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 2:55 pm, Randy Arabie wrote:

> > Like Randy, other Bush supporters often choose not to provide a reason
> > why they support his decisions and actions.  It makes me wonder whether
> > this segment of Americans actually have any reasons other than 'unless he
> > screws up, we'll take his word for it' (i.e., innocent until proven
> > guilty).  This is certainly a valid position.  However, I happen to
> > disagree fundamentally with it.
>
> Jeff, that is just PURE, UNADULTERATED RUBBISH!  If you had
> said "some Bush supporters" I would let that fly.  And, I'll
> add that I do take that statement PERSONNALLY. You have in
> fact, singled me out, and in essence stated that I support
> Bush's decisions and actions without providing reasons.

Well, I thought by saying 'other Bush supporters' I was indicating that some
population of them did in fact support Bush's decision to lead us into war.

As far as the reasons, you said in the previous post:

"I'll just consider Dubya "innocent until proven guilty."
How about that?  It's up to the prosecutor to present the
evidence of guilt, not the other way around."

You didn't give me a reason in this response and you didn't refer to another
post.  So, I didn't read any other reason in your email than:  'innocent
until proven guilty'.

I'm apologise that I offended you, Randy.  I tried to be delicate by using
your response as an example that I have read and hear directly from folks
like you:  loyal Americans who trust their President on face value, rather
than pressing him for facts and justifications.

Sure the administration gave what they thought were facts and many people
believed them.  Another segment of us (as indictated by the endless debates
this Spring on this list) didn't believe him.  6 months later, many of these
facts have still yet to be proven objectively.  So, I think this proves the
point of many of us who were against the war in the first place.

Again, though - my apologies!  I hope this won't get in the way of our future
debates!

Jeff