[CLUE-Talk] The military takes a cue from Microsoft

G. Richard Raab rraab at 12-254-22-176.client.attbi.com
Tue Oct 21 21:12:31 MDT 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 02:55 pm, Randy Arabie wrote:

> Jeff, I don't think you understand what my point was.
>8> I find it AMAZING to look back and recall how it was
> considered a fact by the vast majority of authorities in
> matters of military affairs and intelligence that the Iraqi
> regime was continuing thier efforts to produce WMD.  Now,
> suddenly folks are all ready to accept that it was all a lie
> fabricated by Dubya and his War Hawks.
>
> You mentioned earlier that the facts justifiying the war
> are contorversial.  Let me expand on that a little.
>
> I believe these are facts:
>
>  - the Iraqi regime had active WMD programs and therefore
>  were in violation of numerous UN Resolutions,

Ok, Randy. You have said that Iraq had WMD programs. Could you please
enlighten us as to what they had that you know of and what evidence you have?

>  - Iraq was a supporter of known terrorist organizations.
What Terrorist Organizations?
W. said that they supported Al Qaeda. OBL hated Husein more than he hated
america. He had made several attempts against Sadaam. The cnn showing of the
Sarin being used on a dog was done with the Northern Kurds. The kurds were
our allies and from what I have heard, we were providing them the same
training that we provided to Iraq back in the early 80's. I know for a fact
that we did a lot of genetic and chemical training with the iraqi's back
then. Basically, we helped the kurds help OBL. So what Terrorist
Organizations do you know of that Sadaam Financed?

> The controversial part is whether or not those facts were
> justification for the going to war against them.  Did this
> combination of circumstances present a threat to the
> national security of the United States and our allies?

Lets assume that W. was correct (at this point, he is a known lier with this
info). Then Sadaam had WMD programs and had connections to Terrorists
organizations. Cool. Then we should after him. Except, Please explain to me
why we are doing nothing about North Korea who has had a very active AMD
program AND can deliver them to America?
Also, Please explain to me why we were able to go into Afghanastan, kick butt
on a group that wanted to fight us and are talibahn AND Al Qaeda, but with
Iraq we are still fighting and rebuilding. Afghanastan and NK represent the
most threats to us, but we are spending our resources on Iraq. Worse yet,
Iraq has the ability to have future resources to rebuild. Afghan does not.
Nor does NK.

--
cheers
g.r.r.