[CLUE-Talk] The military takes a cue from Microsoft

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Tue Oct 21 21:41:50 MDT 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 02:55 pm, Randy Arabie wrote:
> Jeff, I don't think you understand what my point was.
>8> I find it AMAZING to look back and recall how it was
> considered a fact by the vast majority of authorities in
> matters of military affairs and intelligence that the Iraqi
> regime was continuing thier efforts to produce WMD.  Now,
> suddenly folks are all ready to accept that it was all a lie
> fabricated by Dubya and his War Hawks.
>
> You mentioned earlier that the facts justifiying the war
> are contorversial.  Let me expand on that a little.
>
> I believe these are facts:
>
>  - the Iraqi regime had active WMD programs and therefore
>  were in violation of numerous UN Resolutions,

Ok, Randy. You have said that Iraq had WMD programs. Could you please
enlighten us as to what they had that you know of and what evidence you have?

>  - Iraq was a supporter of known terrorist organizations.
What Terrorist Organizations?

W. said that they supported Al Qaeda. OBL hated Husein more than he hated
us. He had made several attempts against Sadaam. The CNN showing of the
Sarine (or possibly vx) gas being used on a dog was done with the Northern
Kurds. The kurds were  our allies and from what I have heard, we were
providing them the same training that we provided to Iraq back in the early
80's. I know for a fact that we did a lot of genetic and chemical training
with the iraqi's back  then. Basically, we helped the kurds help OBL. So what
Terrorist Organizations do you know of that Sadaam supported?

> The controversial part is whether or not those facts were
> justification for the going to war against them.  Did this
> combination of circumstances present a threat to the
> national security of the United States and our allies?

Lets assume that W. was correct (even though it is known that he lied ). Then
Sadaam had WMD programs and had connections to Terrorists organizations.
Cool. Then we should be after him. Except, Please explain to me why we are
doing nothing about North Korea who has had a very active AMD program AND can
deliver them to America via missle.

Also, Please explain to me why we were able to go into Afghanastan, kick butt
on a group that wanted to fight us and were talibahn AND Al Qaeda, but with
Iraq we are still fighting and rebuilding. Afghanastan and NK represent the
most direct and indirect threats to us, but we are spending our resources on
Iraq. Worse yet,  Iraq has the ability to have future resources to rebuild.
Afghan does not. Nor does NK.

--
cheers
g.r.r.