[CLUE-Talk] I'm glad I voted for her...

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Wed Oct 22 06:52:07 MDT 2003

The Rep. for my district, Diana DeGette, has a piece up on News.com
opposing the push by Microsoft and others to create federal regs to
prevent broadband providers from joint offerings with other companies.

http://news.com.com/2010-1028-5093991.html

I'm not sure it would be entirely bad to say "cable companies can't
direct traffic to preferred providers of music" or whatever, but it's
being pushed by Amazon, Microsoft and a cabal of others that are
basically doing the same thing.

I've written DeGette several times, and so far her positions on issues
in the tech area seem really clueful.

It's an amazingly good feeling to actually *like* your Rep. Usually,
it's a matter of picking the lesser of two evils, but the more I read
about DeGette, the more I feel like she's really doing a good job on
behalf of voters rather than special interests...

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net