[CLUE-Talk] Hussein's Support for Terrorism

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Wed Oct 22 21:39:03 MDT 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 09:01 pm, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> I decided not to go through the other thread looking for where to insert
> this, although I think this question was raised. Here's an article
> describing the evidence for Hussein's support for terrorists, including
> possibly Al Qaeda.
>
> http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock200310210934.asp
>
> jed

I do not have the total time to tear this article apart, but with looking for
less than 5 minutes here we go.

1) The 2'nd item in:
<QUOTE> According to the State Department's May 21, 2002 "Patterns of Global
Terrorism," the Abu Nidal Organization, the Arab Liberation Front, Hamas, the
Kurdistan Worker's party, the Mujahedin-e-Khalq Organization and the
Palestinian Liberation Front all operated offices</QUOTE>

Great, so for evidence to back up W's assertion of Sadaam's ties to  terrorist
connection, we will use W's Federal  report. huuuuummmmmmm.

2) Further down in the Al Qaaeda section

 <QUOTE>
 Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, formerly the director of an al Qaeda training base in
Afghanistan, fled to Iraq after being injured as the Taliban fell.
 He received medical care and convalesced for two months in Baghdad. He then
opened a terrorist training camp in northern Iraq and arranged the October
2002 assassination of U.S. diplomat Lawrence Foley in Amman, Jordan.
</QUOTE>

Cool. There is a strong smoking gun. Except for when doing a gg: search we
find wikipedia's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi

<QUOTE>
U.S. officials have accused of trying to train terrorists in the use of poison
for possible attacks in Europe, running a terrorist haven in northern Iraq -
an area outside Saddam Hussein's control even before the 2003 invasion of
Iraq - and organizing an attack that killed an American aid executive in
Jordan in 2002.
</QUOTE>

The northern kurds have been outside of Sadaam's control. Remember that gas
was used on them. Remember the CNN tape that the Northern Kurds and Al Qaeda
did of gassing a lab with sarin?

This was just 2 that I looked at. When I looked at few of the others, I saw a
number of discripencies and with a little bit of work, it would be very easy
to debunk these as well. Unfortunatly, I have a big project due in the am, so
I can only spend this little bit of time. If somebody else has the time, it
would be worthwhile showing what junk is being printed these days.

Fair and balanced, perhaps. Just wish it was truthful, fair, and balanced.
--
cheers
g.r.r.