[CLUE-Talk] Rep Tancredo's Anti-Immigration Stance

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Wed Oct 29 21:05:00 MST 2003

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 8:26 pm, Kevin Cullis wrote:

> The interesting thing: if we don't have SOME aspect of us being the
> world's policemen/persons, then the imigration will continue. With more
> peace- and security elsewhere it will reduce the numbers of people
> trying to get "to America," then we don't have to think about an
> imigration policy because it'll be mute.

Hmm.  People from peaceful countries immigrate to the US all of the time.
I know the majority of immigrants are not from peaceful countries, but I'm not
sure I agree with your point.

I suspect that the #1 reason is not peace, since the US has by far the highest
murder rate per capita in the 'industrialized' nations, but rather economic.

Later,
Jeff