[CLUE-Talk] Rep Tancredo's Anti-Immigration Stance

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Wed Oct 29 20:26:48 MST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 21:25, Jeff Cann wrote:
> To me, human rights extends beyond national borders, which is why I find it
> hard to deny someone the opportunity for a better life.  Granted, most
> immigrants who make it here have a crappy life compared many (most?)
> Americans born here.  But, if you were born in Mexico, you probably would
> want a better life, especially for your children.  The US is *still* the
> better life.
>
> If Bush wants us to be the policemen of the world, it seems like we should be
> more open to sharing our country with the 'huddled masses'.  How's that for
> emotional?

The interesting thing: if we don't have SOME aspect of us being the
world's policemen/persons, then the imigration will continue. With more
peace- and security elsewhere it will reduce the numbers of people
trying to get "to America," then we don't have to think about an
imigration policy because it'll be mute.

KC