[CLUE-Talk] Another Bush lie

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Oct 30 05:31:47 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 22:03, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Zonker,
>
> Can't resist to water down your "lie" flame either:
>
> http://armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-2346349.php

How does this water it down, exactly? Bush lied. He tried to duck
involvement in having hung the banner, pure and simple. He was asked
about the banner, and tried to pass it off entirely on the Navy. What's
happening now is the Navy is doing the "right thing" and taking some
responsibility to take the heat off of the administration. He LIED. He
did not answer the question honestly. I suppose it all depends on what
the meaning of "is" is...

The Bush administration choreographed that event from beginning to end,
including turning the carrier around for better lighting. Even in their
whitewashed version of events, they approved the banner. You're actually
asking us to believe that the "Mission Accomplished" banner approved by
the White House and placed strategically for the photo-op and televised
speech was really meant as anything other than "mission accomplished" in
Iraq?

For the love of God -- why is it so hard for the administration to admit
they screwed up when they said that hostilities were over? Putting aside
the debate over whether we should have been there in the first place, or
whether the administration lied over WMD, it is a simple matter of being
able to recognize reality here -- hostilities aren't over. The
administration screwed up, end of story. Admit it already.

> Oh, as a reminder, how long did it take our US of A to "cool down" after
> our 10 years or so of the Revolutionary War?

What the hell does that have to do with anything???

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net