[CLUE-Talk] Another Bush Lie v2.0

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Fri Oct 31 09:31:04 MST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:48:21PM -0500, black at galaxy.silvren.com wrote:
> It's not impossible, but don't you think it's fairly probable that the
> people he hired and put in those positions are going to have a tendency to
> tell him the news he wants to hear?

There's nothing more to support that kind of assertion
against the Bush Administration than any other.  Sure,
that's always a concern anywhere where a leader of a large
organization must delegate power and depend on subordinates
to make decisions.

In fact, Collin Powell's efforts to push the Bush Admin to
get UN support is evidence that Bush has not surrounded
himself with "yes" people who just tell him what he wants to
hear.

> It's hard to disagree that you're more likely to get a realistic answer
> from someone without a vested interest than someone with one.

Why belong to a political party if you don't have a vested
interest?

What would be the point of a political party if it had no
agenda?

Why run for political office if you don't have an agenda?

Would you vote for a candidate that didn't have an agenda?

> I'm not questioning whether Bush has "hired good people," only that they
> provide him the "unvarnished truth."

There's no such thing as a source of the "unvarnished
truth".   Anything that requires interpretation by a human
is varnished.  There is no such thing as an unbiased human.
---
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/