[CLUE-Talk] Another Bush Lie v2.0

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Fri Oct 31 20:48:21 MST 2003

--- Randy Arabie <randy at arabie.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:48:21PM -0500, black at galaxy.silvren.com
> wrote:
> > It's not impossible, but don't you think it's fairly probable that
> the
> > people he hired and put in those positions are going to have a
> tendency to
> > tell him the news he wants to hear?
>
> There's nothing more to support that kind of assertion
> against the Bush Administration than any other.  Sure,
> that's always a concern anywhere where a leader of a large
> organization must delegate power and depend on subordinates
> to make decisions.

Two words for you: John Ashcroft.

If you think the Bush administration is capable of generating unbiased
information for him to base decisions off of, remember that one of his
appointees is Ashcroft, a man who believes that morality can be
legislated.

This is also an administration that refuses to release information
about their decision-making process for their energy policy. Cheney has
been fighting the release of any information -- even the names of
people consulted -- from their "energy policy taskforce."

I also find it disturbing to see that the so-called "leader of the free
world" simply displays no interest in gathering information on his own.

There's no doubt that anyone holding the office of President would be
unable to gather all of the necessary information alone -- but to
completely abdicate the task altogether is disturbing.

Whether you agree with the Bush administration's agenda or not, I don't
see how you can honestly believe or assert that Bush is getting
unbiased information from his advisors and cabinet.

Zonker