[CLUE-Talk] IBM ad

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Sun Sep 7 22:15:47 MDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 17:42, Jef Barnhart wrote:
> There is an HTML transcript on the commercial also.

Glad to see it made available for the non-sportos in the audience.

Just my 2 cents, though... is that commercial going to do Linux any
good? It had this kind of annoying quasi-Apple feel to it, and it didn't
really seem geared to the sports-watching crowd at all.

Frankly, I'd have gone with something a little more low-brow, like a
computer-animated Tux bitch-slapping a Bill Gates lookalike as he's
trying to steal people's wallets or something like that. The
artsy-fartsy approach isn't going to go far with the average viewer.

Am I wrong? Does anybody think this was a good approach to marketing
Linux?

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier