[CLUE-Talk] Looks like our brains match \w+

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Sep 23 11:14:46 MDT 2003

On 23 Sep 2003 10:01:42 -0600
"Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

> If you're referring to Hangul, it doesn't really qualify as pictograms.
> I'm not sure how you define "better" so... hard to say on that one.

Well, there's always hieroglyphics. In common usage they're all letters (I
think there are some diphtongs in there too). But, certain scribes
substituted pictograms for some syllables, such as in the cartouche for
"Ramses", where the first syllable uses the symbol for the sun god --
"Ra".

Amazing what sorts of interesting tidbits you can find reading books on
cryptography, eh?

jed