[CLUE-Talk] telemarketing list

Gary Threlkeld gthrelk at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 07:54:58 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "G. Richard Raab" <rraab at plusten.com>
To: <clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Talk] telemarketing list

> On Friday 26 September 2003, G. Richard Raab wrote:
> Folks, before getting all upset about it, realize that the
judge saw
> preferential treatement of non-profit vs profit, which is
discriminatory.
> The list will be back but with all businesses being
barred.
> This is not a bad thing .
>
> I have been called by organizations that infuriate me.
> Many of these none-prof are basically fronts for rip-offs.
> Some of them will get 80 % of the money to charity.
> Others are notorious for giving ~1% to their charity
(Fraternity of Police
> being the worst; it is a pure front for a bunch of cops).
>
> Of course, if we can now stop the politicians from
harassing us.
> I don't know about you but last election, I was getting
calls every day for
> about voting republican (mostly allard) saying that Bush
needed support.
> arrrrggggghhhhhh.
>  I wanted to reach out and f***ing touch somebody.
>
> So please, do not be bothering the judge.
> He did the right thing.
>
> --
> cheers
> g.r.r.

One non-profit that gets to me is Disabled Veterans (look
I'm not against D.V.A -
as a matter of fact I AM a disabled veteran.

But when they call with a pre-recorded message from
"Bill" -- no phone number to
call back -- and call repeatedly, every two hours until
someone picks up the phone -
I say that's enough.  They are taking too much liberty with
the non-profit exclusion
from the "No Call List".

I further agree that politics (bias toward one party) should
not be an exclusion.
Perhaps we should allow someone to call us to urge us to
vote.  "THAT's A
WHOLE 'NUTHER SUBJECT " from urging us to follow a political
party.

GTT