[CLUE-Talk] telemarketing list

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Fri Sep 26 05:18:59 MDT 2003

On Thursday 25 September 2003 07:08 pm, Charles Oriez wrote:
> A local Denver judge is the one responsible for the restraining order
> stalling implementation of the telemarketer do not call list, after the
> Congress acted in record time to enact legislation overturning the basis
> for the Oklahoma judge's ruling.
>
> Nottingham Edward
> 1929 Stout Dnv CO 80294  (303) 844-5018

Folks, before getting all upset about it, realize that the judge saw
preferential treatement of non-profit vs profit, which is discriminatory.
The list will be back but with all businesses being barred.
This is not a bad thing .

I have been called by organizations that infuriate me.
Many of these none-prof are basically fronts for rip-offs.
Some of them will get 80 % of the money to charity.
Others are notorious for giving ~1% to their charity (Fraternity of Police
being the worst; it is a pure front for a bunch of cops).

Of course, if we can now stop the politicians from harassing us.
I don't know about you but last election, I was getting calls every day for
about voting republican (mostly allard) saying that Bush needed support.
arrrrggggghhhhhh.
 I wanted to reach out and f***ing touch somebody.

So please, do not be bothering the judge.
He did the right thing.

--
cheers
g.r.r.