[CLUE-Talk] telemarketing list

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Fri Sep 26 08:35:09 MDT 2003

> > A local Denver judge is the one responsible for the restraining order
> > stalling implementation of the telemarketer do not call list, after the
> > Congress acted in record time to enact legislation overturning the basis
> > for the Oklahoma judge's ruling.
> >
> > Nottingham Edward
> > 1929 Stout Dnv CO 80294  (303) 844-5018
>
> Folks, before getting all upset about it, realize that the judge saw
> preferential treatement of non-profit vs profit, which is discriminatory.
> The list will be back but with all businesses being barred.
> This is not a bad thing .
>
> I have been called by organizations that infuriate me.
> Many of these none-prof are basically fronts for rip-offs.
> Some of them will get 80 % of the money to charity.
> Others are notorious for giving ~1% to their charity (Fraternity of Police
> being the worst; it is a pure front for a bunch of cops).
>
> Of course, if we can now stop the politicians from harassing us.
> I don't know about you but last election, I was getting calls every day for
> about voting republican (mostly allard) saying that Bush needed support.
> arrrrggggghhhhhh.
>  I wanted to reach out and f***ing touch somebody.
>
> So please, do not be bothering the judge.
> He did the right thing.
>
> --
> cheers
> g.r.r.

Another reason not to call the judge:  judges generally don't answer their own phone, most judges (at least federal judges and state judges for all but the smallest counties) have staff to answer the phone.  Callers will be troubling some clerk who has nothing to do with the ruling.

I should add that I have not followed the issue and so do not support or denounce the judge's ruling here.