[CLUE-Talk] telemarketing list

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Fri Sep 26 08:09:26 MDT 2003

On Friday 26 September 2003 06:06 am, Dennis J Perkins wrote:

> Discrimination?  Don't you have to sign up to get on the list?  In which
> case, the choice is yours, not some idiotic judge's.  If it turns out that
> enough people are annoyed by calls by non-profits, the law could be
> expanded to include them.

There is an easy solution to this that seems to be evading our politicians.
You set up the list so that it blocks ALL calls, by default.
But, you allow the user to check a button to say that they will allow
political, none-profit, and/or profit to call you. At that point, it is non
disciminatory and will survive any normal judge. Problem is, that politicians
and their favorite charities will be at risk.
SO.....

--
cheers
g.r.r.