[clue-talk] The War On...?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Dec 29 11:13:02 MST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:55:30 -0700
Don Collier wrote:

> My feeling on this is that it was his
> choice.  He knew that he was breaking the law and he make a choice to
> continue with that behavior.

As was Rosa Parks.

The degree to which you think that's an apt analogy depends upon your
opinion re. intellectual property and how valid the laws are, I suppose.
And I'm not claiming that he made such a considered decision -- likely
not. But the point remains. I ought to spend some time looking this up,
but I'm not going to this morning -- perhaps later. But I recall seeing
well-written legal opinions or statements as to the "duty" of the citizen
to obey unjust law.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E