[clue-talk] The War On...?

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. jnagyjr at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Wed Dec 29 16:04:09 MST 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 01:56:50PM -0700, Don Collier wrote the following:
> In my opinion, every American has a duty to obey the law now matter how
> unjust that we feel it is.  There are ways to make your voice heard
> other than breaking the law.  We cant pick and choose which laws that we
> wish to obey.
>
> When you find those documents I would be interested in reading them.

Read a history book, then. The American Revolutionary war started as Civil
Disobedience. Thomas Jefferson and others have wrote on the subject of Civil
Disobedience as being not only a right, but a duty. Without it we would have
not had, as previously mentioned, the American War for Independence, the
Civil Rights Movement, or anything else that has mattered in our country. To
just accept and give into every law, especially unjust ones, and not
question our politicians and make them accountable (through voting your
conscience, not for the "lesser" of evils), not take to court our government
in defense of our Liberty, makes us a slave to the State just a little bit
more each time,  and when we are all fully Slaves, no man shall be Free
again.

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large