[clue-talk] The War On...?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 07:34:54 MST 2004

On 12-29 22:11, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

> This whole thing about Corporations being legal "persons" is complete
> bullocks in my eyes which is one of the reasons I have yet to incorporate
> (and never will) my business(es).

Yep. It's quite a farce. I heard Air America talking about some of the
history of this. I did some googling, and came up with this:

http://www.peacehost.net/PacifistNation/restoredemocracy.htm

There is a silver lining:

 But a human backlash is now developing.

 In ten Pennsylvania townships, the Community Environmental Legal Defense
Fund (CELDF) has helped local governments pass ordinances denying corporate
personhood in order to block large corporate factory farms from setting up
in areas previously the sole territory of family farms. In the city of Point
Arena, California, voters passed a resolution declaring corporate personhood
a threat to democracy, and encouraging a debate on it by other communities.

Side note: If anyone can tell me how to wrap an indented paragraph in vim,
I'd appreciate it. Doing gqap wraps paragraph nicely, then when >ap is done,
the right margin is too far out. Doing another gqap screws up the indent.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all your time.
-Willem de Kooning