[clue-talk] The War On...?

Don Collier dcollier at collierclan.com
Thu Dec 30 10:25:47 MST 2004

This was in reply to a message that Jed had sent earlier.

Did you really think we want those laws observed?", said Dr. Ferris. "We
want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch
of boy scouts you're up against ... We're after power and we mean it ...
There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is
the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough
criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that
it becomes impossible for men to live wityhout breaking laws. Who wants a
nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just
pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or
objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and
then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the
game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.
 -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged