[CLUE-Talk] FYI: Plugin for Mplayer

Tim Harris tdharris at usa.com
Sun Feb 1 22:00:54 MST 2004

For those Linux desktop users, there is now a fairly polished plugin for
Mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu). You can find it at
http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/index.html. It works with Mozilla,
Netscape, Opera and Konquerer. It will allow you to play those window
media and quicktime (and other multimedia)  movie trailers and video
that are linked in web pages such as  http://www.apple.com/trailers/ and
http://www.windowsmedia.com/. This is cool to me because both are open
source and don't require Wine or any other Windows faker software like
Crossover to work.  They already have Fedora and Red Hat rpms as well as
source code tarballs. I'd like to know if anyone else has tried it out
and to let me know what you think I've been very impressed so far. It
loads streaming quicktime movies faster than quicktime itself and
doesn't use as many resources as Wine applications.

Tim Harris