[CLUE-Talk] Bush to order bipartisian review of Iraq allegations of WMD

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Sun Feb 1 22:44:55 MST 2004

<quote>
In deciding to back an independent review of the intelligence regarding Iraq's
weapons of mass destruction, President Bush is implicitly conceding what he
cannot publicly say: that something appears to be seriously wrong with the
allegations he used to take the nation to war in Iraq.

Bush has lately found many of his rationales for the war in Iraq being
challenged. Just as Kay has undermined the WMD rationale, a report published
by the Army War College challenged the notion that the war in Iraq was part
of the overall war on terrorism, while the group Human Rights Watch has
disputed Bush's notion that the Iraq war was a humanitarian mission. Vice
President Cheney has implicitly acknowledged that the Iraq war has not
spurred peace in the Middle East, saying peace is not possible while
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat remains in power.
</quote>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3980-2004Feb1.html

Some of us never believed any of the Administration's allegations, so it is so
satisfying that as the truth comes out, we were right on.

Anyone still believe there were WMD in Iraq?

I'll save my official I TOLD YOU SO after the independent reports come out
next year.

Jeff

P.S.  To add more to the 'Bush lied' debate.  I encourage any Bush supporters
to try and spin this lie:

<quote>
On Wednesday, for example, Bush suggested that war came because Saddam Hussein
did not let inspectors into Iraq, when in fact it was the United States that
called for inspections to end. "It was his choice to make, and he did not let
us in," Bush said.
</quote>

--
http://isuma.org/