[CLUE-Talk] Bush to order bipartisian review of Iraq allegations of WMD

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Wed Feb 4 15:54:17 MST 2004

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 1:39 pm, Randy Arabie wrote:
>    The Logic of Intelligence Hype and Blindness
>
>    Bruce G. Blair, Ph.D, CDI President, bblair at cdi.org
>    Dec. 11, 2003 (updated Dec. 30, 2003)
>
>    http://www.cdi.org/blair/intelligence.cfm

So, you offered a mathematical model that does not appear to consider common
sense to suggest that we didn't have enough iterations of intelligence to
determine the truth and/or explain away the problems with our government's
intelligence?

Several people, most notably, Bruce Schnier, have suggested that the problems
with our intelligence is the reliance on automation via computers, rather
than 'on the ground' intelligence.

Perhaps to avoid another invasion debacle, we should look at relying less on
Bayesian mathematical models and more on knowledge gained from social
interactions.

No amount of spin will fix this problem.
Jeff
--
http://isuma.org/