[CLUE-Talk] Bush to order bipartisian review of Iraq allegations of WMD

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Thu Feb 5 01:27:34 MST 2004

On Wednesday 2004 February 04 10:18 pm, Randy Arabie wrote:

> > Several people, most notably, Bruce Schnier, have suggested that the
> > problems with our intelligence is the reliance on automation via
> > computers, rather than 'on the ground' intelligence.
>
> Yeah, does any of this sound familiar?
>
> http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20030715-094950-2180r.htm
> http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/community/DailyNews/chat_bobbaer020118.h
>tml http://search.csmonitor.com/durable/1997/08/06/opin/opin.2.html
>
> I agree with you, if you mean to say we rely too much on satellite
> imagery and communication intercepts.  That is a well known and well
> documented problem.  By some estimates, the CIA let approximately 60% of
> it's "human sources" go in the mid 1990's...thanks to the Clinton
> Administration [heh, I've been waiting for another opportunity to blame him
> ;-) ]

OK, now I am curious. WHERE OH WHERE, do you come up with such figures and
know that they are accurate?

According to most stuff that I can find, it appears that CIA budget was on the
decline from before 1992 to 1996 at which time it was 26.6 BILLION dollars.
After OBL at WTC I, and we found that spy from Reagan's era, and did not know
about Pakistan's blowing a nuke, apparently Clinton upped the CIA budget (and
apparently, NSAs, but that is not certain)

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1373/12_51/81764497/p3/article.jhtml?term=

Now, I have seen some conspericy theory's that say that Clinton cut the
budget, but I have found others that say that it increased a great deal.

Also, if W and admin is so wanting of human intel, then why are they allowing
a traitor in their midst who spills the beans on an operative and her agents?
Personally, I am very against the death penalty (esp. since I have work
closely with too many police officers in the past and know that a number of
them are constant liars). But here is somebody who has put our entire nation
at risk. I would gladly pull a trigger and kill the bastard and not think
twice about it.

In addition, I have seen some things that indicate that we had 5 attacks on us
from OBL during Clinton's time of which only one was semi-successful. It have
been told that it was due to CIA/NSA that none of these others happened. Yet,
in the last 3 years, all of our capabilities are gone AND it is now Clinton's
fault????????

Don't get me wrong. I am no fan of Clinton. But I am tired of hearing
everybody blame Clinton. He kinda balanced a budget that was 1/4 trillion /
year deficit. That meant cuts. Now, that it was a lot closer, we get a
president in who is running up the deficit and after 3 years, he and his
apologists are STILL blaming Clinton for all of his problems that just happen
to be allowed in the press.

BTW, you did listen to the "independent"  group that studied what they could
about 9/11 and came back with saying that there was more than enough intel to
prevent it from happening?