[CLUE-Talk] Tolkien and allegory

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Sun Jan 11 16:37:27 MST 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:12:00 -0700
"Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net> wrote:

> It's odd, you are like the 3rd or 4th 'science-type' student who has
> told me this type of anectode.  Do they have the radical feminists teach
> the survey courses or something?  Possible, I guess.  I never had to
> take an English class that was intented for non-English majors.  Maybe
> they banish certain profs to the classes for non-English majors!

Unfortunately, no. I experienced the same thing in a few of my 300 and
400-level lit classes. I wouldn't necessarily say "radical" but
definitely unpleasant.

Best,
Zonker
--
"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off
their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more." - Mark Twain