[CLUE-Talk] Tolkien and allegory

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Sun Jan 11 17:40:53 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 16:37, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:12:00 -0700
> "Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net> wrote:
>
> > It's odd, you are like the 3rd or 4th 'science-type' student who has
> > told me this type of anectode.  Do they have the radical feminists teach
> > the survey courses or something?  Possible, I guess.  I never had to
> > take an English class that was intented for non-English majors.  Maybe
> > they banish certain profs to the classes for non-English majors!
>
> Unfortunately, no. I experienced the same thing in a few of my 300 and
> 400-level lit classes. I wouldn't necessarily say "radical" but
> definitely unpleasant.
>
> Best,
> Zonker
> --

When did you finish school?  My college roommate went back to school in
Texas and had a teacher who was trying to preach Marxism instead of the
subject and he also had a feminist teacher who seemed intent on blaming
everything on men.  In one class they were so concerned aout
multiculturalism and felt that he was disadvantaged because he grew up
in MN.

He's now in graduate school in ND and he said that he isn't encountering
much of this drivel there.