[CLUE-Talk] AmericanISP

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Fri Jan 16 06:39:50 MST 2004

How many people on this list use AmericanISP?  How soon did you notice problems
getting email?  I couldn't get mine since about 6:30AM on Tuesday, but my
sister could still get hers until sometime Wednesday.  I could still send email
for a time, but eventually that stopped too.

The ISP wouldn't answer the phone, or respond to voice and email messages.
They finally responded last night with the claim that they have  been hit by an
email DOS attack, and that their staff was overwhelmed.  They could have posted
a message on their web page, which has remained accessible throughout.

If this was a DOS attack, why could I send email for a while?  Why could my
sister get email when I could not?