[CLUE-Talk] AmericanISP

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sat Jan 17 10:08:39 MST 2004

On 01-16 13:39, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> How many people on this list use AmericanISP?  How soon did you notice problems
> getting email?  I couldn't get mine since about 6:30AM on Tuesday, but my
> sister could still get hers until sometime Wednesday.  I could still send email
> for a time, but eventually that stopped too.
>
> The ISP wouldn't answer the phone, or respond to voice and email messages.
> They finally responded last night with the claim that they have  been hit by an
> email DOS attack, and that their staff was overwhelmed.  They could have posted
> a message on their web page, which has remained accessible throughout.
>
> If this was a DOS attack, why could I send email for a while?  Why could my
> sister get email when I could not?

I did notice that my email was not going out earlier this week. I'm not sure
if it went into the ether.

Are you still having problems with the downloads that seize up? SETI freezes
up all the time because of this (I think), and of course downloading
anything from a site that doesn't have reget is a crap shoot.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
The reason he hangs around with those "gorillas," as you called them, is
because anyone of those "gorillas" would take a baseball bat to your head
anyday. It's called loyalty.
-Sean McGuire (Robin Williams), "Good Will Hunting"