[CLUE-Talk] Only in Colorado and oh how true.

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jan 21 12:37:36 MST 2004

Timothy C. Klein wrote:

>* G. Richard Raab (rraab at plusten.com) wrote:
>

>>On Monday 2004 January 19 07:29 pm, Timothy C. Klein wrote:
>>

>>>I was thinking it was that place at Market and 14th.  Can't seem to
>>>remember the name, though ... Whatever it was, it had a history, I went
>>>there when it was a bar, I think it was once a brothel, but it was
>>>defunct the last time I noticed.
>>>
>>>Tim
>>>

>>House of mirrors.

That's the one I was thinking of.

>>As far as the place at market and 14th, well, all of market was a huge set of
>>bordello's (hence market street).
>>Apparently it ran several blocks of bordello.
>>Now the real test of libertarianism: Who would like to push for legal
>>prostition and simply limit it back to market street ?   :)

Prostitution is legal in certain counties in Nevada, according to these
docs (some of which appear to be dated):

http://www.sexuality.org/l/workers/nevada.html
http://www.sexuality.org/l/workers/chickran.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Nevada

>Hey, I have always been in favor of legal prostituion.  If you can sell
>bombs and guns, why can't you sell an orgasm? :-)

You can, but only in Nevada.  :-)

>Seeing as how I walk Market street quite often, I bet it would liven up
>my trip.

Heh.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com

p.s. I am trying out Mozilla Firebird -- is this e-mail in HTML format?
I can't find the usual Netscape/Mozilla places to set it to default to
text!  Stupid thing.  I even had to download the "Offline" plugin to get
back online/offline mail sync capabilities... silly.  Why'd they take it
out in the first place?