[CLUE-Talk] Re: mozilla thunderbird

Evan Widger PsychoI3oy at linkline.com
Fri Jan 23 00:25:14 MST 2004

>>Also taking functionaliy completely out of the mailer and moving it to
>>plugins (example: Offline mode) was frustrating in that I had to "fix"
>>Thunderbird (by installing plugins) to do what the previous versions did
>>already... seemed kinda silly to have to do that.

it's probably just an effort to slim down the client. figuring that tech
savvy people are largely the users of something in beta like
thunderbird, and many tech savvy people are on broadband, a
online/offline mode (for example) wouldn't necesarily be a feature to some.

then again there's that addage about when you assume something.....

glad i could help. i've been a rather large fan of firebird and
thunderbird for a while now and have been using them (almost)
exclusively for the past several months in windows (and of course never
used anything else in freeBSD, well i take that back, i used mozilla to
surf while i waited for firebird to compile. sheesh that takes a while)

the only thing i keep a shortcut to IE for is the occasional nonstandard
webpage that won't work in firebird, and the yahoo launch music service
i listen to from time to time, and any java applets i feel compelled to
look at (still haven't figured out how to get java working in firebird).

great products and considering they're pre 1.0 (as noted) they're really
stable and fast and reliable.

-Evan