[CLUE-Talk] a new note in the usa/iraq tune

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Sat Jan 24 19:01:51 MST 2004

On Saturday 24 January 2004 4:00 pm, bill ehlert wrote:
> Powell: Possible Iraq Had No Banned Arms
>
> AP  44 minutes ago
>
> By GEORGE GEDDA, Associated Press Writer
>
> TBLISI, Georgia - Secretary of State Colin Powell
> (news - web sites) held out the possibility
> Saturday that prewar Iraq (news - web sites) may
> not have possessed weapons of mass destruction.
>
> Powell was asked about comments last week by
> David Kay, the outgoing leader of a U.S. weapons
> search team in Iraq, that he did not believe Iraq
> had large quantities of chemical or biological
> weapons.

Yep - I'm waiting for the hawks to try and explain how David Kay, the Bush
Administration's hand-picked replacement for UN Weapons Inspector Hans Blix
(who they claimed was biased), came to the same conclusion as Blix - i.e.,
there are no WMD in Iraq.

Here's my take:  http://isuma.org/index.php?p=87  - which includes a link to
the full interview text from the David Kay interview by Reuters.

Jeff