[CLUE-Talk] a new note in the usa/iraq tune

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Sat Jan 24 20:39:24 MST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:01:51 -0700
Jeff Cann <j.cann at isuma.org> wrote:

> Yep - I'm waiting for the hawks to try and explain how David Kay, the Bush
> Administration's hand-picked replacement for UN Weapons Inspector Hans Blix
> (who they claimed was biased), came to the same conclusion as Blix - i.e.,
> there are no WMD in Iraq.

Well, we'll get a lot of "it doesn't really matter that the
administration [was totally lying about WMD being the rationale for
war | was completely incompetent] because Saddam was a bad, bad, bad
man."

Meanwhile, we've spent tens of billions of dollars on Bush's adventure
into Iraq, more than 500 American servicepeople are dead, thousands more
have been wounded, and the Bush administration has managed to turn world
opinion against the U.S.

"Mission accomplished" indeed.

Zonker