[CLUE-Talk] Spam with my domain forged as 'From'

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Mon Jan 26 21:15:13 MST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:26:34 -0700
"Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net> wrote:

> Is there anything I can do about this?
>
> I have gotten 4 or 5 delivery failures from several different hosts
> today.  They are forging my domain (silverklein.net) as the from domain.
>
> Is there anything I can/should do about this?

I think that the spam you're getting is actually caused by a virus -- in
short, there's probably very little you can do. I also received a slew
of spam from my own domain, and from the cmp.com domain. (I write for
UnixReview.com, which is owned by CMP, so I'm guessing some unfortunate
person at CMP had my e-mail address in their addressbook...)

Zonker