[CLUE-Talk] interesting leadership point this morning on KNRC

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Fri Jan 30 16:00:56 MST 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 9:34 am, Nate Duehr wrote:
> A caller to KNRC radio pointed out this morning that in placing the
> blame on CIA & the intelligence community, Mr. Bush is breaking one of
> the first laws of true leadership.  "The buck stops here."
>
> I found that insightful -- if there was a failure of the
> CIA/Intelligence community, a true leader would say "my fault" and come
> up with a plan to keep that from happening again.

Last week on NPR's 'All Things Considered', they interviewed Rep. Jane Harman
(D-CA), the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee.  She told
NPR that the reason she voted for the Iraq military action resolution is
because she 'was briefed by senior people and believed what they told her'.
The interviewer asked her if she read any of the details of the reports.  She
answered no, but after all of the problems in justifying the war, she has
become 'a much more informed consumer of intelligence information'.

You can listen to her interview here - the story is called 'Iraq WMD Hunt
Prompts Renewed Debate' :

http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.php?prgDate=24-Jan-2004&prgId=2

Passing the buck seems to be SOP, as Zonker put it.

Jeff
--
http://isuma.org/