[CLUE-Talk] interesting leadership point this morning on KNRC

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Fri Jan 30 18:42:19 MST 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 04:00 pm, Jeff Cann wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2004 9:34 am, Nate Duehr wrote:
> > A caller to KNRC radio pointed out this morning that in placing the
> > blame on CIA & the intelligence community, Mr. Bush is breaking one of
> > the first laws of true leadership.  "The buck stops here."
> >
> > I found that insightful -- if there was a failure of the
> > CIA/Intelligence community, a true leader would say "my fault" and come
> > up with a plan to keep that from happening again.
>
> Last week on NPR's 'All Things Considered', they interviewed Rep. Jane
> Harman (D-CA), the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee.
> She told NPR that the reason she voted for the Iraq military action
> resolution is because she 'was briefed by senior people and believed what
> they told her'. The interviewer asked her if she read any of the details of
> the reports.  She answered no, but after all of the problems in justifying
> the war, she has become 'a much more informed consumer of intelligence
> information'.
>
> You can listen to her interview here - the story is called 'Iraq WMD Hunt
> Prompts Renewed Debate' :
>
> http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.php?prgDate=24-Jan-2004&prgId=2
>
> Passing the buck seems to be SOP, as Zonker put it.
>
> Jeff

Personally, I am getting sick and tired of all the blame going to intel.

He blamed the intel for it and the republican lead "independant" commission
found that there was enough Intel.

Nothing has occured on the anthrax, even though a number of lies were told
with that one from the gitgo (there are still a few more to go with one in
fact). And nothing has been found out yet. Yeah, right.

Likewise, during a S. of U. he stated that they had total proof of Iraq buying
Uranium. It was shown later that the CIA know it was wrong and told W not to
include it. Yeah right.

Somebody in W's admin is a traitor and after 6 months nothing has been turned
up. Yeah, right.

Now W blames false Intel on this. Yeah, right.

I am willing to bet right now, that the records will show that the Intel was
passed to the investigators by W's ppl rather than pass straight from CIA
ppl.

However, I will say that I am quite certain that there were (probably are)
biologicals and almost certainly chemicals in Iraq. But I have always doubted
that iraq had nukes or was even trying to make them in the last 10 years. Way
to expensive and way to easy to trace.

--
cheers
g.r.r.