[CLUE-Talk] looking for used motherboard/cpu to buy-

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Jan 30 17:10:54 MST 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 02:17 pm, daniel aguilar wrote:

> 303-882-3380 cell.

Can't resist a Friday afternoon side-trip here...

See, now I used to be able to say... "Ah!  AT&T Cell Phone, eh?"  Since
881 and 882 were their NXX's... but now we have local number portability.

Bummer.  You can tell something (not much, but something) about a person
by who's cell phone they're carrying!  (GRIN)

LOL!

(Heh... just to be fair, my cell is in 303-594-XXXX.  And no, I haven't
switched carriers in many years.  My old phone was a 303-881-XXXX and the
dude that has that particular AT&T wireless number really really hates
me... I tried to let everyone know!  Really!  I did!  **WINK WINK** -- I
left a job that had that phone receiving enough calls to do about 1500
minutes a month back when minutes were horrendously expensive... and even
though you tell "everyone"... well I talked to the guy that got the
number once... he wasn't happy at all.)

Hmm.. there's a fun stat someone could do.  Presidential election votes by
Home and Cellular carrier.

LOL... I wouldn't be surprised if someone's already doing it so they can
buy ad-space on the phone's screen someday...

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com
(Pining for the days when an NXX meant something... never again... but I'm
not old enough by far to remember when the NXX numbers spelled the old
name of the central office when you used to have to ask for it by name...
someone here PROBABLY remembers THAT...)