[CLUE-Talk] Wanted: Used IDE Drive

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. jnagyjr at joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org
Wed Jul 14 16:33:11 MDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:07:48PM -0600, Jed S. Baer wrote the following:
> Hi Folks.
>
> In anticipation of a fresh install of SuSE, I've been looking for another
> IDE drive. Wanting to save some bucks, I figured I'd try to find something
> used. Oddly enough, those places selling used IDE drives are wanting
> prices equivalent to new, or even better, and apparently not inclined to
> haggling.
>
> So, I'm offering $1/GB for a decent internal IDE drive, 10-20 GB in size,
> if anyone has one to get rid of. I'd want ATA100 and at least 5400RPM.
>
> Does that seem unreasonable?

I guess you wouldn't be inclined to use something smaller? I have a few
small drives (540MB thru about 2GB) that I can send. I'm not sure about
their usability and all I ask is enough to cover S&H via USPS (if you want
it insured, that would, of course, be extra).

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large