[CLUE-Talk] Re: Amazon.com won't respond

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Thu Jun 3 14:13:55 MDT 2004

At 12:00 PM 6/3/2004 -0600, clue-talk-request at clue.denver.co.us wrote:

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 3
>Subject: Re: [CLUE-Talk] Amazon.com won't respond
>From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb at dissociatedpress.net>
>To: "clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us" <clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us>
>Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:17:11 -0600
>
>On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 09:39, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> > How do I know which CC company they have?
>
>AFAIK, all Visa card numbers start with a "4," all MasterCard numbers
>start with a "5" -- I forget what AmEx and Discover start with.

Discover is 7. Amex is either 6 or 8

The first four digits will identify the bank that the card is drawn on.
Your bank ought to be able to identify that for you.  Or post the first
four digits on the cards here and someone with a card on the same bank can
probably tell you what bank it is drawn on.

Also,there is an FBI/FTC internet fraud reporting web site.  report it
there, with the appropriate card numbers.

Charles Oriez        coriez at oriez.org
**
Save the hermetic seals.