[CLUE-Talk] the HURD

dperkins at techangle.com dperkins at techangle.com
Tue Jun 8 23:37:53 MDT 2004

I don't think it's the microkernel that is delaying HURD.  It's what is
built around the microkernel.  It is a very ambitious project, quite
likely, overly ambitious.  In a way, it might be FOSS's equivalent to
MULTICS.  But I do wonder if it might be a good fit with grid computing,
etc, that we are seeing now.  I'll reserve judgement until they get it
working.