[CLUE-Talk] HR.3799 -- Can Anyone Interpret

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Mar 23 15:59:42 MST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:46:57 -0700
"David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> wrote:

> I thought 'legalese' was the first real-world implementation of one-way
> encryption,  but I'll take a swing at it.

Yes, hence the use of the term "hash" to describe the output of the
legislature.

> The supreme court will not hear cases where someone is attempting to sue
> a government [official] for acknowledging God as sovereign.
>
> That is the least lossy translation I can offer.

Putting a stop to, for example, prosecution (or other actions) against
Judge Roy Moore for displaying the 10 Commandments in his court?

Or ending challenges to the Pledge of Allegiance based on "under God"?

I hadn't seen it that way, but I think you have the gist.

jed

--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/