[CLUE-Talk] WordPerfect for Linux is back --- more or less

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat May 1 15:38:21 MDT 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004 11:41:47 -0600
Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:

> > I'd like to see this succeed: I am, and have been, of the opinion that
> >
> > WP was the best word-processing program of all time.
>
> Hear, hear!

But did you ever try Lotus Ami-Pro? I mean an old version, before IBM
sucked up Lotus, and turned it into part of a collaboration suite. Think
circa Windows 3.11. On my aging P266, it starts instantly, and still does
some things better than OpenOffice.

If I could Wine to cooperate, I'd use it on my Linux box. Now, if IBM
would only release the code.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/