[CLUE-Talk] DaVinci Technologies?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed May 12 17:17:57 MDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:32:42 -0600
Matthew Porter <mfporter at c-creature.com> wrote:

> On a related topic -- any suggestions on a local place to purchase an
> inexpensive used laptop? Just looking for something my son can use for
> word processing and maybe email and light Web surfing, probably
> running Debian or Knoppix.

Well, I haven't shopped much for used laptops, but from what I've seen of
the prices, you're better off watching the Sunday newspaper ads from the
big-box stores, and waiting for a bargain price on a new one. The
price/performance ratio I've seen on cheap used laptops was really
outrageous (very pricey for what you got).

That said, you can check out Action Used Computers (Colorado Blvd, south
of Yale), or Renaissance over on Bowles, west of Wadsworth.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/