[CLUE-Talk] DaVinci Technologies?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed May 12 17:37:03 MDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 17:17:57 -0600
"Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:

> Well, I haven't shopped much for used laptops, but from what I've seen
> of the prices, you're better off watching the Sunday newspaper ads from
> the big-box stores, and waiting for a bargain price on a new one. The
> price/performance ratio I've seen on cheap used laptops was really
> outrageous (very pricey for what you got).

Just out of curiosity, I checked the compusa website. Here's 2 items:

Used Vaio: Intel Pentium III Processor, 800MHz, 128MB RAM, 15GB Hard
Drive, 14.1-inch XGA TFT LCD Display, CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive -- $949

New Toshiba Satellite: Intel Celeron Processor, 2.8GHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB
Hard Drive, 15-inch XGA TFT Display, 8X DVD / 24X10X24 CD-RW Combo Drive
-- $999

YMMV.
jed
--