[CLUE-Talk] Laptop?

JD. Brown brownstixzz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 10:38:08 MST 2004

> I hear all these wonderful things about cut-rate laptops with Linux, but
> then I find out that they are only available in Asia.

David,
There are plenty of ODM shops here in the U.S. that sell laptops without an O.S. and give full
support for the hardware.
If you are looking at big (OEM) name brands? Then, I'm sorry! You will have to pay to play with
their already installed Microsoft by wiping it off yourself.

See, If you buy one of the ODM models without an O.S.. You do not pay for the "Microsoft Tax".
As stated from an earlier post from me. The "Pre-Installed" Linux notebooks run a bit a higher in
price.
These two reasons mentioned above are the biggest reasons why I have bought ODM models.

Just to give you a bit of history behind ODM and OEM. Read this:
Their site is weird on linking.
Go to their "Help Desk" link and down to "Manufacturer Info".

http://www.xtremenotebooks.com/

If you want more links. Let me know?

JD