[CLUE-Talk] Laptop?

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Thu Nov 25 11:35:19 MST 2004

At 10:38 AM 11/25/2004, JD. Brown wrote:
>David,
>There are plenty of ODM shops here in the U.S. that sell laptops without
>an O.S. and give full
>support for the hardware.
>If you are looking at big (OEM) name brands? Then, I'm sorry! You will
>have to pay to play with
>their already installed Microsoft by wiping it off yourself.

Geek Street, 4300 S Broadway, Englewood.  My wife wanted a box with
Windows. I compromised and gave her one for christmas, as long as it was
Win2K.  Geek Street was perfectly comfortable building a scratch box with a
naked hard drive and installing the OS of my choice.  They have one guy
there comfortable with linux.