[CLUE-Talk] DIY Linux

Dennis J Perkins dperkins at techangle.com
Sun Nov 28 11:21:16 MST 2004

I couldn't get LFS to compile the second-pass glibc, so I wiped the test
partition clean and started with Do-It-Yourself Linux.  That worked
beautifully.  I don't really know why LFS deidn't work, but it looks
like th person who started DIY Linux is correct that LFS is not robust
enough.

He also has a few interesting little tricks in his build scripts.  I'm
not sure why LFS doesn't adopt them, except for the bad feelings some
LFSers have for him.

Anyway, now it's time to build the rest of a Linux system on it.  This
time xinetd and syslog-ng will be used.  And I want to see how to add
hotplug and udev, which should make adding and setting up devices much
easier.