[CLUE-Talk] Is Qwest likely to allow me to use Cisco 675 modem on new DSL installation?

John Kennedy kennedy456 at totalspeed.net
Tue Oct 12 10:56:07 MDT 2004

Good morning,

I picked up a complete older kit for a Qwest DSL Installation.

I hope to order a Qwest Choice DSL package soon and try to
use the kit I abtained instead of the currently used and
Qwest supplied   Actiontec® GT701-wg modem.

The kit I obtained contains a Cisco 675 DSL Modem [ PPP version] ,
complete with [apparently] all filters,
manuals, software, cables, etc.

The Qwest software & Info supplied is apparently a
Qwest MegaPak Installation Kit.  Only thing missing
is the NIC that originally came with it.

What I am wondering is... is it likely that I can order a
Qwest DSL connection and use this modem and do the install on
my end myself?

The machine it will be connected to is a
dual booted [MS Win-98 & RH 9.0] linux firewall/NAT box
using Bastille-Linux. An then to my local LAN.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks

John Kennedy